Playin’ God Today!
How do I intend to celebrate Play God Day today? Glad you didn’t ask.
1. I’m going to put bronze statues of Me everywhere. With little children hanging on my every word.
2. I will leave chocolate Mes in appropriate places for appropriate people. They are Lake Champlain chocolate Mes, so you might want to improve your attitude.
3. With my invisibility and super night vision I will sneak into North Korea. I will liberate tons of DPRK-made goods to sell at my pop-up store (Fail Mary) in Eagle Rock. I don’t need the money. This is my kind of Fun.
4. I am going to sneak into the Vatican. Again, because I can be invisible. What? I can’t feel the fabrics from the otherworld.
5. Then, I will turn the reins over to Loki and go rest on a cloud with a baby panda.
Mary Valle lives in Baltimore and is the author of Cancer Doesn't Give a Shit About Your Stupid Attitude: Reflections on Cancer and Catholicism. She blogs on KtB as The Communicant. For more Mary, check out her blog or follow her on Twitter.